Martineau Belle Playa
Covid-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
In this time of uncertainty with the COVID-19 crisis, Martineau Belle Playa wants to assure you that the safety and health of our guests and villa staff remain our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the Puerto Rico Government and the Puerto Rico Tourism Company daily updates regarding positive cases and we are happy to inform you that there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 in Vieques. Please find below a list of what Martineau Belle Playa is doing to ensure your health and safety and peace of mind while you vacation with us.
Guest Information and Tracking
A form called Travel Declaration and Contact Tracing Form Lodging will be emailed to confirmed guests for them to fill out and send via email to the villa manager prior to their arrival. If guests do not send them prior to arrival, they will be given a copy when they arrive at the house which they must fill and send within 2 hours of check in. Manager will keep records of these forms.
Martineau Belle Playa Managers and Cleaning Staff
The managers of the villa are Hector Ortiz and Joeanna Camacho. Both are Vieques residents and both underwent volunteer testing for COVID-19 in May 15, 2020…and came out negative. They work with a staff of five employees that are in charge of house cleaning, pool cleaning and landscaping. All of them also underwent testing for COVID 19 in May 15, 2020…and came out negative. They all have a file with their COVID-19 test results and information.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Martineau Belle Playa takes the following extraordinary measures and precautions to safeguard the health and safety of the guests and property staff:
- We will have a full hand sanitizing dispensing unit per stay and there will be hand sanitizers bottles in each room and bathrooms of the house.
- There will be a adequate supply of disinfecting wipes for guests to use for cleaning and disinfecting purposes of the unit during their stay.
- A good supply of new hand soaps will be available at each sink with running water.
- All cleaning and maintenance staff have been trained to implement the new health and safety standards detailed on this guide.
- Housekeepers must wear a mask and single-use gloves when servicing each unit. Gloves must be disposed after each cleaning shift.
- An outside company (Air Purification Services) is being contracted to purify the air inside the villa after each guest stay using Quaternary Sanitizer via a mist spray.
- A high-level disinfection process to collect and wash laundry is followed. All towels and linen are replaced and properly washed after each customer stay. Unused towels and amenities cannot be reused.
- All outside doors and windows are opened during cleaning to increase air circulation in the area when servicing the unit.
- All personal hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly including door handles, desks, tables, chairs, lamps, dresser drawer handle, light switches and thermostats, drapery pull handles, fridge, collaterals (magazines, brochures), telephone and keypad, remote control, alarm clock, television, peephole, trash bin, Iron handle, hangers, and luggage rack, faucet, toilet seat and handles, shower head, stove buttons and surfaces, oven and microwave.
- All kitchen tools are cleaned and disinfected including all cookware, glasses, cutlery, serving utensils, coffee makers.
- After completing the proper cleaning and disinfecting procedure, a tent card or postcard is placed in the living area certifying that the Martineau Belle Playa was properly sanitized according to standards…always look for it!
48 Hour Waiting Period for Rentals
In order to increase safety, we are implementing a 48 hour wait period between rentals. The 48 hours begin the moment one guest leaves the unit. After the 48 hours are over, the next guest will be allowed to check-in and enter. This is the recommended period to allow organic disinfection of surfaces and a precaution to address the possibility of particles that may remain airborne.
Protocol for Reporting COVID-19 Cases
If a guest develops COVID-19 symptoms and/or feels that he/she has contracted COVID-19 during the stay at Martineau Belle Playa, the guest must follow these steps:
- Conduct a self-quarantine at one of the rooms of the villa.
- Immediately contact the villa manager and/or villa owner to inform them about the situation with details.
- Wait for further instructions from villa owner.
This short-term rental’s Innkeeper is registered at the Puerto Rico Tourism Company and follows the Health & safety measures enacted in May 2020. A copy of the Health and Safety measures can be found at https://prtc-covid19.com/.
If you find this property is not in compliance with the established standards, please reach out to the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC) via email to: email@example.com. Include the location, Innkeeper number and description of the concern. The PRTC will get back to you to process your claim and get more information.